Beyond the impossible lies a world rich in possibilities
HONG KONG, CHINA - Media OutReach - 24 December 2015 -
- A proposal to sell high-quality commercial properties with a total gross floor area ("GFA") of 1,888,333 sq.m. in Goldin Metropolitan, Tianjin, including the 117-storeyed, 597-metre high Goldin Finance 117, a 37-storeyed grade-A office building, a mega high-end shopping mall with a parking lot and other ancillary facilities with a site area of approximately 497,156 sq.m..
- Total consideration of RMB18.0 billion (equivalent to approximately HK$21.59 billion) to be paid in installments. Goldin Properties expects to record an unaudited profit before tax of HK$5.88 billion.
- Goldin Properties expects the net proceeds from the disposal after expenses to be approximately HK$16.90 billion, which will be used for settlement of the outstanding development costs of Goldin Metropolitan, and for settlement of the outstanding loans due from the Group, for general working capital and for special dividend distribution.
- After the transaction, the Group will have positive cash flow with strong financial position which is fundamental to the Group's steady development in the future.
- After the transaction, the Group will continue to own the remaining three quarters of the high-quality assets in Goldin Metropolitan, including:
- Central Business District: High-quality commercial properties with a total GFA of approximately 624,044 sq.m., including two twin towers, grade-A office buildings (nine headquarter buildings), a mega-scale high-end shopping mall, a concert hall, a boutique hotel, a serviced apartment, a special office building, an international convention and exhibition center, a large parking lot and other ancillary facilities).
- Luxury residential project "Fortune Heights":
· Phase One: Luxury villas, townhouses and high-rise apartments with a combined GFA of approximately 208,804 sq.m. which have been completed and up for sale.
· Phase Two: Townhouses and high-rise apartments with a combined GFA of 500,286 sq.m. which are under construction.
- Tianjin Goldin Metropolitan Polo Club: comprising an international polo clubhouse, a luxury hotel, specialty restaurants, two polo fields of international standards, stables and other complementary facilities with a total GFA of 58,000 sq.m., representing a site area of 890,000 sq.m..
Goldin Properties Holdings Limited ("Goldin Properties", which together with its subsidiaries is referred to as "the Group", HKEx stock code: 00283) is pleased to announce that, Goldin Properties ("The seller") and Goldin Special Situations Limited, an associate of the Chairman who is a connected person (the "First Purchaser") and an independent third party (the "Second Purchaser") entered into the Framework Disposal Agreement on 16 December 2015. Under that agreement, Goldin Properties has conditionally agreed to sell the entire equity interest in some of the high-quality commercial properties in its mega-integrated property development flagship project Goldin Metropolitan in Tianjin. The commercial properties comprise the iconic landmark "Goldin Financial 117", a 37-storeyed grade-A office building, a mega high-end shopping mall with a parking lot and other ancillary facilities. The transaction is subject to shareholders' approval.
The transaction will be paid in installments. The Group expects to record an unaudited profit before tax of HK$5.88 billion. After the transaction, the Group will be cash-rich and record a net proceeds of HK$16.90 billion, which will be used for settlement of the outstanding development costs of Goldin Metropolitan, and for settlement of the outstanding loans due from the Group, for general working capital and for special dividend distribution.
Goldin Properties' management said, "The Group is excited about reaching the Framework Disposal Agreement. This is an important milestone for Goldin Properties. The proposed disposal not only will realize the investment value and unlock the market value of the Group's property development project, but also bring significant returns to the investors. After the transaction, the Group will have positive cash flow capable of paying off all of its debts and be financially strong which is fundamental to the Group's steady development in the future."
"Looking forward, Goldin Properties believes that the Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei Coordinated Development Program will provide opportunities to the Company, and is confident about the prospects of Tianjin's property market. Goldin Metropolitan, which will be completed in phases and by 2017, will be a major corporate accomplishment. The Group has endeavoured to enhance and realize its enterprise value with the aim of delivering good returns to its shareholders and investors," the Company concluded.
Goldin Metropolitan is the Group's signature mega-scale integrated property development flagship project, strategically located in Tianjin Binhai Hi-tech Industrial Development Area, as known as the first national high-tech industrial development zone approved by the State Council and an integral part of the Binhai New Area in Tianjin. Construction of this architectural masterpiece of an unprecedented scale is commissioned to internationally acclaimed architectural consultancies and construction companies under the meticulous supervision by the Group's professional team to guarantee quality, aesthetic appeal and functionality of the project's designs. The total investment in the project is estimated to be US$9-10 billion.
Goldin Metropolitan will have gross floor area of approximately 1,888,333 square metres and with an efficient convenient transportation network, and located adjacent to the Tianjin South Railway Station of Beijing-Shanghai High-Speed Railway and the Tianjin Railway Station of Beijing-Tianjin Intercity Railway. It is also accessible by the inter-city metro and the Jinji Expressway. It only takes just a 20 minutes' drive or a 15 minutes' trip by metro (Line 3) from Tianjin's downtown to arrive at the project. Goldin Metropolitan is well-connected to Beijing, Shanghai and other major cities in China.